How about to add Battlefront map and other TOP maps?

Server setup, history & future
Gamma Goblin
Description: Play UT2k4

How about to add Battlefront map and other TOP maps?

Post by Gamma Goblin » Sat 16. Mar 2013, 15:21

Hi.

I often play on your server. Previously played on TechCom - until it closed.

I have a huge request to you - please add the following maps, which were very popular.
Please add them, UT2004 is old game, and people who play it are also adults who have short time to play, but who want to enjoy the game as much as possible. So I do not understand why you did not add them before, because it's really FUN maps that people play with pleasure.

So here are popular and cool maps with exact name (from UT "maps" folder) :

1. ONS-CataldiPark-EONS-Edition-V1 or newer (Funny and Sunny balanced map with vehicles)
2. ONS-2Tricky-DW-RC2-Edit1 or newer (Fun map with jumping cars (standart cars wo staff))
3. ONS-2nd-Raceway-DW-RC1 or newer (Fun map with various vehicles (standart cars wo staff)) - very popular
4. ONS-Battlefront-Rilez-ECE-32p-v6 - or newer very popular like Torlan in its time
5. ONS-UP-OperaHouse - popular map without vehicles - We need it, because there are few maps only on your server without vehicles (like BridgeOfFate_Blame_P_Again or else).

P.s. And you may delete some crap and boring maps like Acerbus, StarReach, Omahabeach, MBB-weapon Outpost, etc...
Cause some who do not know vote for it, and most of ppl then exit from server.

Pegasus
Description: ONSWordFactory

Re: How about to add Battlefront map and other TOP maps?

Post by Pegasus » Sun 17. Mar 2013, 04:21

Hello, Goblin, and welcome to the msg board.

First off, I hope it didn't confuse you, but since this wasn't a proposal or presentation of new UT content, I moved the thread to the CEONSS forum where all such server-related topics are expected to be found.

About the map suggestions now, as a first, more general comment, I can tell you that when it comes to roster changes and specific map removals or additions, there are several factors besides popularity and personal preference that affect those decisions. Gameplay quality (actual gametype-adherence, playstyle plurality, geometry/terrain design, vec & weap loadout balance, z-axis usage, known glitches n' exploits), existence of known server-destabilizing bugs, server resource (CPU, net) drain, filesize and assorted file trail, aesthetic choices and various other considerations all come into play and can affect the outcome of such a review and even countermand a vote of public preference. While I'm not heinz and cannot for certain tell you what his exact thought process was that lead him to exclude any of the maps you list, I believe I have enough insight on each of these cases to safely hazard an educated guess as to why they're not on CEONSS. Also, do keep in mind that unquantifiable aspects such as "fun" radically vary from person to person and, thus, aren't easy to embed into a decision-making process that would speak to an entire community's collective taste. Also, also, we're not TechCom, so... there's that too ;).

ONS-CataldiPark-EONS-Edition-V1
You may've not played it in awhile and forgotten most of its... peculiarities, but to some of us, myself unfortunately included, they've become too deeply ingrained to forget. Other than its entirely average terrain, vec loadout and node link setup arrangement, Cataldi has nothing else going for it. On the other hand, every aesthetic element its mapper included seems to've been made with the singular intent to annoy and aggravate the player as much as humanly possible. You can turn the completely unfitting background music off, but you can't escape from the disembodied shrill screams echoing all across the playground-themed environment, the random dog barks, bicycle ringings or any of its other recorded charms; if I remember correctly, a previous version even had random whales plummeting from the sky in the background, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy style - guess the map matured enough to shed that excess :rolleyes:. At any rate, I could swear that prolonged exposure to this map's environment was almost scientifically designed to push ppl towards infanticide. The net-enabled karma bounce balls consume resources without even contributing anything to gameplay (unlike with MasterShower's ducky) and the stylings of this map's static meshes - buckets, shovels, slingshots, glitchy plastic ramps n' all - don't help its legitimacy's case much either. All in all, its gameplay is dead average and ppl's senses have to suffer the stimulus onslaught for the entire length of a match there to get just that as a payoff, so its absence from almost every popular ONS(Plus) server shouldn't be much of a riddle to anyone. In fact, you're the first person I've ever come across in my entire UT life to've made a positive mention of this map, much less a plea for its return. I wouldn't hold my breath for heinz to add this one to the roster, but then again, considering this is your first post too, I can't help wonder whether someone's punking me :/...

ONS-2Tricky-DW-RC2-Edit1
The map has chokepoint primaries for a total of 5 nodes laid around a terrain that's less suited for warfare and more for stunting. I get that nitro boosting EONS scorps + CEONSS' air control mutator makes for daredevil funsies, but personally, I don't recall ever having a gg there. Still, it was average enough to've been hosted on this server for quite a while, but I dunno what compelling case anyone could put forth to defend its place in the roster. Considering you're clamoring for the standard cars "wo staff" version too, you wouldn't be able to enjoy even its stunting silliness, so what does that leave?

ONS-2nd-Raceway-DW-RC1
This one has enough strategic depth to make its gameplay decent enough, what with the coordinated garage raids n' all and that's why it's been on the server for about as long as 2Tricky, IIRC. It was probly removed in some kinda reshuffling, but I suspect it can return. I can't think of any map that puts WailofSuicide's EONS vecs to better, concerted use than this one either.

ONS-Battlefront-Rilez-ECE-32p-v6
Umm, I dunno how exactly you came to the conclusion that this map was as popular as "Torlan in its time", but from what I remember playing it on TechCom, it was pretty much the embodiment of a chokepoint node design's cautionary tale. If 2Tricky's return is tenuous by virtue of its chokepoint primaries, the fact that this map wasted most of players' regulation time at failed attempts to turn the bunker chokepoint nodes - 2 of them - should logically make its prospects for renewed hosting both impossible and horrifying to most ONS regulars. To better illustrate why chokepoints are such a serious detriment to ONS gameplay quality, take a look at the following pic:
Battlefront-Rilez-ECE-32p-v6_ONS_area_brkdown.png
You'll recognize it for a clear top-down view of that map's terrain. You'll notice outlined in green its available actual play area, but also a number of yellow and red marked areas. Depending on a match's progress, the action and the, umm, battlefront, will shift from one of these coloured territories to an adjacent one with opposing teams starting right outside 'em and heading in for their contested nodes. Difference is, while in the case of the yellow areas there's some meaningful choice as to where to go and how to approach the fight (the very essence of ONS), in the red ones the action gets bogged down around the only node available, thus kneecapping gameflow and effectively changing the gametype from ONS to a 1-lane MOBA styled game without heroes. This kills ONS and is the reason most ppl are averse to chokepoint featuring maps. Since this one has two of 'em, here's some simple math to explain how the problem compounds:

Green (playable area): 348x180 = 62640px
Yellow (ONS area): 119x162 (19278) + 45x139 (6255) + 125x157 (19625) = 45158px (72%)
Red (non-ONS area): 94x172 (16168) + 88x173 (15224) = 31392px (50.1%)

What that last figure means is, more than half of the map's terrain in total can prove to be non-conducive to the entitled gametype. Understanding that as a server admin, I think anyone's decision would be pretty straightforward from there, no matter how much anyone might compare it to Torlan.

ONS-UP-OperaHouse
I'll agree that OperaHouse is fun and it's been on the server for lengthy intervals as well. That said, it's kinda haggard, both in its appearance (colour palette) as well as its geometry (all those angled, jutting supposed building debris). There's room for tactics and maybe even for some strategy, but I guess the constant mining and sniping has taken a toll on its popularity over time, esp. when it's held up against more successful thematic/gameplay peers such as Spiffingrad (which also has vecs). I'd call it a tossup on whether this one returns, but heinz would need to tell you for sure. Btw, a map having vehicles doesn't preclude dueling funtimes from taking place; consider, for example, maps like MasterBath, Tyrant, the non-NV Maelstrom, VK's-Playground (has mantas), BitchSlap, TripleSlap, Cap'nGordon'sBoP, ChainIsles (1 and 2), Gunshop, Dreamus2, Katharos or StarReach.

PS: I'd agree that Acerbus and MBB_WO are pretty much ho-hum affairs (there's plenty more to add to that group too), but by what reasoning does StarReach or OmahaBeach belong in that group, much less deserve the "crap" label? The only thing I'll bother to debunk until you offer at least one actual argument that supports this is that they supposedly are server clearers. That claim is patently wrong considering that for years on end both those maps would (and did) fill servers to capacity here and across the pond and, as far as I bothered to check for StarReach just a while ago, its average player numbers are nothing like you describe. Is hearsay all you're basing this on?

Anyway, sorry to've come down hard like that on your first visit; it's just that undue map critique is kind of a sore point for me. Again, welcome to the msg board and plz do keep providing feedback on the roster's quality, every bit helps :).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

laboRHEinz
Administrator
Description: Old Fart

Post by laboRHEinz » Sun 17. Mar 2013, 10:04

Hi & welcome Goblin, thanks for your suggestions and thank you for your feedback, Pegasus.

I concur with Peg, there's only little to add from my point of view:

ONS-2nd-Raceway-DW-RC1
We had a mapper on it to deal with some shortcomings. It'll make a return as soon as it's finished.

ONS-Battlefront-Rilez-ECE-32p-v6
Other than the choke points (or maybe exactly because of them), Battlefront is a map prone to both deadlocks and camping with tanks or Hellbenders.

ONS-UP-OperaHouse
We already have enough NV-maps or even too many. Compared to the currently available NV's, OperaHouse has more flaws (spider spam, incomplete weapon lockers).

Gamma Goblin

Post by Gamma Goblin » Mon 18. Mar 2013, 15:47

Sorry for my english, it's not my native language.
I think you are too on the scientific attitude to the proposal. Not all things can be measured with calculations.

Here only two grades - fun and boring.

Fun - when you have to move quickly, quickly change weapons, rapidly change tactics, etc, and the more players in one small area (Bridge of Fate for ex.) the faster you need to do the above). The main thing in such games - action. Another else is secondary.

(We have a lot of action in Tricky, Raceway, Opera, Battlefront.
Cataldi I like cause it middle size, sunny map - that gives you pleasant emotions - cause childhood was a joy.)

Remember ONS-MassDestruction - how much joy it brought people. Stupid unbalanced map - but a lot of fun.

Games are made for fun.

Boring - just the opposite - to move slowly, not many people, huge size maps - 70% of these maps you do simple things - Core > slowly move to the node (cause a large map) > build a node > Killed with super-duper-mega tanks > Core > and again the same till the end.
Boring maps are usually large and huge maps, there are Acerbus, MagicIsle-V8, nmp2-Panalesh, Vulcano-High, Omahabeach, MBB-weapon Outpost.

StarReach is boring (among most players) because it's too-o-o sloo-oo-w cause of low gravity.
No adrenaline, the palm on mouse does not sweat in a state of tension in such maps.

Of course it is not only dependent on the size. There are some large but fun maps like Battlefront, TwinFang, Blockfort etc, cause authors knew that action is a primary thing in action games.

And most importantly - Unreal 2004 is becoming less popular, 9 year's has passed yet.
Full servers already can be counted on the fingers of the one hand - it's almost a rarity.
On Ceons I see most people in the evening (~15-20), and 28-32 ppl server is usually on weekends.
After 3-4 years ppls may foget about UT2k4, and one of the main reasons - there are no new maps, same best 15-20 maps on 10 years.

Tricky, Rails and Cataldi - just makes gameplay more diverse.

By this I do not understand what is the sense to delete maps that were often played in its time, even as you think, if they have "some difficulties" (in Battlefield it was to defend\attack a bunker on the center node - really it was so cool (action adrenalin) that I still remember those fun times!! - when smbdy were furiously flying into the bunker on the manta and cut all in it!).
Its easy to destroy node in bunker:
1. Redeemer
2. Flying into bunker on manta and squash.
3. Quickly set spider mines then attack a node, and than players that defend it, somebody must defend entrance from enemy witht a tank or ion.

It was harder to defend it.

Do you really not understand that bunker was a main cool FEATURE of Battlefront?
CataldiPark: 1. but you can't escape from the disembodied shrill screams echoing all across the playground-themed environment, the random dog barks, bicycle ringings or any of its other recorded charms;
CataldiPark: 2. I could swear that prolonged exposure to this map's environment was almost scientifically designed to push ppl towards infanticide.

I think you spent too much time with this game (also like admin). This is likely to psychological causes.

It's simple to test - You can try to install them, and look at how often people will play them. I played UT2004 - 5 years and these maps were popular among players. Let us enjoy this game, UT2004 have not so much time to live.
Please let us as users of your server to choose.
Last edited by Gamma Goblin on Tue 19. Mar 2013, 03:13, edited 11 times in total.

Gamma Goblin

Post by Gamma Goblin » Mon 18. Mar 2013, 17:52

ONS-UP-OperaHouse
We already have enough NV-maps or even too many. Compared to the currently available NV's, OperaHouse has more flaws (spider spam, incomplete weapon lockers).
I do not think so.
Most popular (and most fun) - its Bridge of Fate.
Another - StoneWall, just copy its design.
Playground has a lot of insipid stuff, less action and tangled path.
So Bridge of fate, similar to Bridge - StoneWall and boring Playground. Thats all.

Terrible Maelstorm- NV and Pandemonium - with a large ammount of nodes. Even do not want to count it.
People play UT for fight actions, building nodes is an indirect task.

Opera - a completely different map design. It is on the street under the sky, and has more action then for example Playground.

Gamma Goblin

Post by Gamma Goblin » Tue 19. Mar 2013, 02:50

I changed 2 last messages. Please re-read them. Thank you.

RottenToTheCore
Description: Not related to Power-Cores ;)

Post by RottenToTheCore » Tue 19. Mar 2013, 13:55

laboRHEinz wrote: We already have enough NV-maps or even too many. Compared to the currently available NV's, OperaHouse has more flaws (spider spam, incomplete weapon lockers).
I also wouldn't agree to that. Many were secretly taken out of the list over the time, like Grendelkeep, Foundry, Spambox and most of the VK-Maps (some had some lag-issues tbh, but some were fine).

Bridge, Stonewall, Spank, Maelstrom (Do other people think that the Maelstrom-Design got boring over the years?) and Playground are the only "real" NV-Maps.

EDIT: And now pandemonium, i personally can't understand why it is prefered over Grendelkeep, which is - imo - one of the balanced maps.

Some would mention The Slap-Maps here too, as the have a fast gameplay, but they are *with'* vehicles in fact, and they are very popular on the server.

Some months ago, you, Heinz, proposed to rotate the map-list a little bit, so that some NV maps come and go. But Grendelkeep seems to be away forever :/.

And this map was - although it might be too fast for some (as some of the maps are too slow for some) - really fine, as there was action all over the place.

I BTW just looked up the player count for the NV / V maps for the matches of the last days - NV maps were highly popular, with many players in the matches.

I would also agree to raceway from your list @Goblin. Was fun always, as this stadium-design is something new :)!

Greetings from Rotten

laboRHEinz
Administrator
Description: Old Fart

Post by laboRHEinz » Tue 19. Mar 2013, 23:26

Okay, since Pegasus' well thought-out, laboriously laid out and objective rationale didn't convince you at all and your own inconsistent reasoning shows that you probably won't ever be convinced by reasonable points, I'll keep it short:

First off:
Gamma Goblin wrote:I think you spent too much time with this game (also like admin). This is likely to psychological causes.
Sure, even if possibly not been from start, everyone would soon become a weirdo while administrating a gameserver :wohoo:
At any rate, calling those staff members psychos which maintain the server, putting a lot of spare time, money and efforts in, is not supposed to be of any help when you want something.
Gamma Goblin wrote:Here only two grades - fun and boring.

Fun - when you have to move quickly, quickly change weapons, rapidly change tactics, etc, and the more players in one small area (Bridge of Fate for ex.) the faster you need to do the above). The main thing in such games - action. Another else is secondary.

(We have a lot of action in Tricky, Raceway, Opera, Battlefront. Cataldi I like cause it middle size, sunny map - that gives you pleasant emotions - cause childhood was a joy.)

Remember ONS-MassDestruction - how much joy it brought people. Stupid unbalanced map - but a lot of fun.

Games are made for fun.

Boring - just the opposite - to move slowly, not many people, huge size maps - 70% of these maps you do simple things - Core > slowly move to the node (cause a large map) > build a node > Killed with super-duper-mega tanks > Core > and again the same till the end. Boring maps are usually large and huge maps, there are Acerbus, MagicIsle-V8, nmp2-Panalesh, Vulcano-High, Omahabeach, MBB-weapon Outpost.

StarReach is boring (among most players) because it's too-o-o sloo-oo-w cause of low gravity. No adrenaline, the palm on mouse does not sweat in a state of tension in such maps.
This is only your definition of fun & boredom. That's most subjective. There's plenty of other players having a completely different idea of fun. This is exactly why we use to review maps in a more objective way.
Gamma Goblin wrote:Of course it is not only dependent on the size. There are some large but fun maps like Battlefront, TwinFang, Blockfort etc, cause authors knew that action is a primary thing in action games.
Those maps don't fit to your own definition of fun. It solely reveals they are some of your own favorites and you're trying to push some of your other favs.
Gamma Goblin wrote:And most importantly - Unreal 2004 is becoming less popular, 9 year's has passed yet.
Full servers already can be counted on the fingers of the one hand - it's almost a rarity. On Ceons I see most people in the evening (~15-20), and 28-32 ppl server is usually on weekends.
Possibly because of our way to choose maps?
Gamma Goblin wrote:After 3-4 years ppls may foget about UT2k4, and one of the main reasons - there are no new maps, same best 15-20 maps on 10 years.
If there's another decent map we would be happy to add it.
Gamma Goblin wrote:Tricky, Rails and Cataldi - just makes gameplay more diverse.
By this I do not understand what is the sense to delete maps that were often played in its time, even as you think, if they have "some difficulties" (in Battlefield it was to defend\attack a bunker on the center node - really it was so cool (action adrenalin) that I still remember those fun times!! - when smbdy were furiously flying into the bunker on the manta and cut all in it!).
Its easy to destroy node in bunker:
1. Redeemer
2. Flying into bunker on manta and squash.
3. Quickly set spider mines then attack a node, and than players that defend it, somebody must defend entrance from enemy witht a tank or ion.

It was harder to defend it.

Do you really not understand that bunker was a main cool FEATURE of Battlefront?
Indeed. I don't understand the fun in tank camping, choke noded stalemates or kamikaze style. We try to offer high quality maps and Battlefront is not one of them.
Gamma Goblin wrote:
Pegasus wrote:CataldiPark: 1. but you can't escape from the disembodied shrill screams echoing all across the playground-themed environment, the random dog barks, bicycle ringings or any of its other recorded charms;
CataldiPark: 2. I could swear that prolonged exposure to this map's environment was almost scientifically designed to push ppl towards infanticide.
It's simple to test - You can try to install them, and look at how often people will play them. I played UT2004 - 5 years and these maps were popular among players. Let us enjoy this game, UT2004 have not so much time to live.
We've already had it for long enough. It might have been fun for you but it's also been a pain in the ass for others.
Gamma Goblin wrote:Please let us as users of your server to choose.
We do. We always listen very carefully to the feedback of our players. Here's what other players think about the maps you suggest:
--- Log started on 2013/2/11 19:41:36
=== Onslaught.ONSOnslaughtGame ONS-OmahaBeach-)o(-v2-beta3A
[...]
1093.35 CHAT Gamma_Goblin admin install cool maps and delete such craps
1117.86 CHAT Gamma_Goblin cool maps like CataldiPark, raceway, Battlefront
1128.03 CHAT Gamma_Goblin tricky
1137.52 CHAT slowmotionshit you just named 4 shitmaps in a row
1172.56 CHAT Gamma_Goblin really? Raceway is shit and battlefront?
1219.72 CHAT Gamma_Goblin admin addd OperaHouse map
[...]
1473.63 CHAT slowmotionshit all complain, none contribute :)
[...]
1479.10 CHAT elect_11.10_64 give us a good reason, goblin
--- Log closed on 2013/2/11 20:4:9
laboRHEinz wrote:We already have enough NV-maps or even too many.[...]
Gamma Goblin wrote:I do not think so.
RottenToTheCore wrote:I also wouldn't agree to that. Many were secretly taken out of the list over the time, like Grendelkeep, Foundry, Spambox and most of the VK-Maps (some had some lag-issues tbh, but some were fine).

Bridge, Stonewall, Spank, Maelstrom (Do other people think that the Maelstrom-Design got boring over the years?) and Playground are the only "real" NV-Maps.
We still provide approximately as many NV's as both (all three?) big US-ONS-servers altogether. Thus, yes indeed, I think we have enough NV's. Be aware you're not the only players. You might be in favour of NV's, but there's a lot more players we have to pay attention to. Not everyone likes DM-ish maps so we have to have a compromise. I promised to keep 5 NV's, sure. Not secretly though, btw, but in a very public way: http://www.ceonss.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=170
Spambox and VK-maps are not NV (except Playground (if ignoring its Mantas...)). Foundry on the other hand should make a return, okay. It's just I've been busy rigging the new server (partly for you, Rotten, since you were complaining about P/L all day long...).
Gamma Goblin wrote:People play UT for fight actions, building nodes is an indirect task.
Are you sure you're on the right game type with Onslaught then? If building nodes is insignificant to you, wouldn't DM/TDM/TAM or Freon be a better choice for you?
Gamma Goblin wrote:Opera [...] has more action then for example Playground.
Hardly.
RottenToTheCore wrote:EDIT: And now pandemonium, i personally can't understand why it is prefered over Grendelkeep, which is - imo - one of the balanced maps.

Some would mention The Slap-Maps here too, as the have a fast gameplay, but they are *with'* vehicles in fact, and they are very popular on the server.

Some months ago, you, Heinz, proposed to rotate the map-list a little bit, so that some NV maps come and go. But Grendelkeep seems to be away forever :/.

And this map was - although it might be too fast for some (as some of the maps are too slow for some) - really fine, as there was action all over the place.
You're right, Grendelkeep is gone for now. It's been pure, mindless (Flak-) spam, nothing else. Not exactly matching the Onslaught characteristic.
RottenToTheCore wrote:I BTW just looked up the player count for the NV / V maps for the matches of the last days - NV maps were highly popular, with many players in the matches.
Sure- because you voted them in :P
RottenToTheCore wrote:I would also agree to raceway from your list @Goblin. Was fun always, as this stadium-design is something new !
As already pointed out, Raceway will be available one day, as soon it's finished.

RottenToTheCore
Description: Not related to Power-Cores ;)

Post by RottenToTheCore » Wed 20. Mar 2013, 13:27

laboRHEinz wrote:Sure, even if possibly not been from start, everyone would soon become a weirdo while administrating a gameserver :wohoo:
At any rate, calling those staff members psychos which maintain the server, putting a lot of spare time, money and efforts in, is not supposed to be of any help when you want something.
I agree to that. That was over the top, Goblin. Heinz and some others did a great job so far, no need to bee offensive.
laboRHEinz wrote:We still provide approximately as many NV's as both (all three?) big US-ONS-servers altogether. Thus, yes indeed, I think we have enough NV's. Be aware you're not the only players. You might be in favour of NV's, but there's a lot more players we have to pay attention to. Not everyone likes DM-ish maps so we have to have a compromise. I promised to keep 5 NV's, sure. Not secretly though, btw, but in a very public way: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=170
Spambox and VK-maps are not NV (except Playground (if ignoring its Mantas...)). Foundry on the other hand should make a return, okay. It's just I've been busy rigging the new server (partly for you, Rotten, since you were complaining about P/L all day long...).
Cmon, that's highly subjective too! And i am highly aware that not all like NV-maps. What i just want so say is (and i am highly biased, how could i not be ;) ): There are at least as many players who like the NV maps more as players who like the V maps more. Even some of the older players who got better over the times tend to vote more NV maps. I know that CEONSS is an ONS-Server, but it can stay one, as long as there are nodes and cores involved (IMO). For me, it's the most fun mod, deathmatch does not give much to me, as most of the players are absolutely not friendly.

When there are 5 - most of the times - very popular NV maps, and dozens of V maps i don't see the problem in adding some more NVs. Some maps who stay and stay on the server have been played only 50 or 60 times, Stormy Weather has been played 8! times, bridge 1289!, tropic nightfall 30 times, you can see differences in the popularity when you look at the played times. Let's take Stonewall: It hasnt been *too* long on the server, but has been played over 400 times now, same goes out to spank, the latest version in space has been played over 200 times now, not too long on the server as well. Perhaps the less played maps have been thoroughly valued by you on many accounts, but who cares that they are highly balanced, nicely and eye-candily designed when nobody plays them.

BTW Heinz: It is not fair to bring my statment to the map cycle in connection to my complaints about the PL. I highly appreciate your work, and love the new provider so far, but these are two complete different points. You really don't have the need to feel pressure, just because i give my opinion to the map-cycle ;).
laboRHEinz wrote:You're right, Grendelkeep is gone for now. It's been pure, mindless (Flak-) spam, nothing else. Not exactly matching the Onslaught characteristic.
Subjective again. It was highly popular. When it is a kinda (only kinda, cause most of us don't pay for and don't manage the server) democratic decision, i keep posting in the forums. When it's not, i'm out of this thread, but that would be okay for me as well, as the server is still the best in the field.
But then plz don't come with "arguments", when you just don't like it! I also just don't like huge maps where nothing happens for a long time. On These Maps there is no onslaught too imo, more a snail-slaught, as you would say to the NV maps with the missing vehicles.
laboRHEinz wrote:Sure- because you voted them in :P
That's nonsense Heinz. It's not my fault when people follow my vote, they have their own brains. And many times, other people (p.e. many of your mates) are the first who come up with a NV vote. And btw: I don't collect the votes to let out a wicked-sick-bridge-vote with 10 votes.

Greetings from Rotten

Gamma Goblin

Post by Gamma Goblin » Thu 21. Mar 2013, 13:46

We do. We always listen very carefully to the feedback of our players. Here's what other players think about the maps you suggest:
--- Log started on 2013/2/11 19:41:36
=== Onslaught.ONSOnslaughtGame ONS-OmahaBeach-)o(-v2-beta3A
[...]
1093.35 CHAT Gamma_Goblin admin install cool maps and delete such craps
1117.86 CHAT Gamma_Goblin cool maps like CataldiPark, raceway, Battlefront
1128.03 CHAT Gamma_Goblin tricky
1137.52 CHAT slowmotionshit you just named 4 shitmaps in a row
1172.56 CHAT Gamma_Goblin really? Raceway is shit and battlefront?
1219.72 CHAT Gamma_Goblin admin addd OperaHouse map
[...]
1473.63 CHAT slowmotionshit all complain, none contribute
[...]
1479.10 CHAT elect_11.10_64 give us a good reason, goblin
--- Log closed on 2013/2/11 20:4:9
So you decided that one phrase from the chat-log, written in a rush in the heat of battle, from one unknown player, is more reasoned than argued debates on forum?

Look:
laboRHEinz: We always listen very carefully to the feedback of our players.

slowmotionshit: CHAT paraphrase : Raceway is a shitmap

laboRHEinz: "Raceway will be available one day, as soon it's finished."

It's simple to test a popularity of some maps - just install them during a week or 2 - and then just check how many times players have played this map. I do not understand your stubbornness, maybe it's a principal.

These maps do not need special stuff, easy and fast to install, need a few disk space - and the amount of players only increased.
I do not propose to install smth terrible or unbalanced, I just propose you 4 maps that were really popular at various servers including Techcom ( (ONS-2Tricky, ONS-2nd-Raceway, ONS-Battlefront, ONS-UP-OperaHouse) ).

Really it's simpler, faster and more accurately to decide what map you and players need on server - it's to give that map to people and see how often they will play it.

I'm amazing your obstinacy, because on ceons server we have some maps much worse and boring that proposed above.